Applications can be submitted online (click here), or filled out in person at the Power U Office, 745 NW 54 St (entrance via NW 55 St)
Power U Center is seeking field canvassers to help build a local base of community supporters for our campaigns to advance restorative and reproductive justice in Miami-Dade schools and communities. Applicants should be committed to the values of racial, economic, and gender justice (see the Power U Principles of Unity online) and be excited about building black political power.
Power U is a grassroots social justice organization based in Miami, FL. We envision a society free from all forms of oppression in which decisions are made democratically and resources are utilized for the collective benefit of everyone. Toward that vision, we are organizing and developing the leadership of Black and Brown youth and Black women in South Florida so that they may help lead the struggle to liberate all oppressed people.
Skills and requirements
- Strong outreach and networking skills;
- Strong commitment to social justice;
- Able to walk for long periods of time;
- Basic computer skills and comfortable using a smartphone;
- Problem solving skills;
- Willing to participate in political education processes and further develop personal political analysis;
- Comfortable working with students and youth;
- Have access to dependable transportation;
- Bi-lingual in Spanish or Haitian Kreyol a plus;
Power U highly values diversity and encourages applicants from traditionally marginalized groups, especially women and young people, to apply for this position.